I was online late one night looking up energy saving tips when I had a real craving for some good old fashioned sushi. My friend called me up and told me about a great place open late that made the best rolls in town, but I wasn’t interested. You see, a long time ago I had taken stock of my spending and I found it was much cheaper and, in many ways, much more rewarding to make my own. I had all the right tools and I certainly had the time so I was ready to go. I will show you how you can make sushi of your very own.
What you will need:
1 Rice Cooker
1 Rolling mat
1 Bag of small grain rice
1 Bag of Nori sheets
1/4 Pound of fresh fish (preferably salmon)
1 Bottle of rice vinegar
1 Cup of water
What you will need to do:
1. Put in a cup of rice and a cup of water. Depending on how hungry you are, you may want more but start with this. Turn on the rice cooker and let the rice cook.
2. When finished, pour a few drops of vinegar onto the rice and stir with the spatula.
3. Cut the avocado and remove the pit. Scoop out all of the flesh and set it aside. Finely dice a cucumber and set it aside as well. Chop up the fish.
4. Lay down a sheet of Nori and spread some rice evenly on top of it. Then fill the middle with a mixture of avocado, cucumber and fish but not too much.
5. Wrap the nori shut and use the mat to roll everything into a roll. Once you have everything neatly rolled, remove it from the mat and chop it up.
6. Enjoy the meal and don’t get discouraged. Sushi masters spend years perfecting their art.